Now in its third year, The Innovation & Digital Health Accelerator (IDHA) is excited to announce the 2018 Accelerator Grant Program for Boston Children’s Hospital employees and outside start-ups with health technology innovations (i.e. digital health and devices).
This unique program provides extensive support to a select number of Accelerated projects, including:
- Funding up to $25,000 with the potential for milestone dependent follow-on funding
- Access to expertise in developing digital health applications and tools
- Software development resources: web/mobile apps, clinical processes, patient engagement, personal health tools, care coordination, administrative tools, EMR-based tools, big data, clinical decision support, FHIR
- A dedicated team supporting project management, business strategy, pilot design, product development
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. After applying, you’ll be contacted to discuss next steps for your application. In the past two years, we met with over two-thirds of applicants via an Opportunity SPRINT session. These 90-minute meetings allow us to source the technical, business, innovation, and subject matter expertise needed to evaluate and support your innovation. As a result of this meeting, innovators will be provided with a lean business canvas and light analysis meant to support projects regardless of whether they win a grant award.
Who can apply?
- All Boston Children’s Hospital employees with a health technology innovation (i.e. digital health and devices) are encouraged to apply.
- Both internal and external start-ups who would benefit from the IDHA’s support are welcome to apply.
- Developmental Dyslexia Screening App
- Digitizing Antibiograms
- Environmental Health and Safety
- Prediction of Patient Placement
- Trivox Health
This program is designed to support health technologies:
- Most digital health ideas are eligible either internal or already established start-ups (e.g. software/HCIT, care process enhancements, digital technology diagnostic tools).
- Early stage medical device technologies are also eligible.
- This program will not fund basic or translational research, molecule, or therapeutic projects.
- You are willing to engage with the accelerator model and hope to leverage our people and resources to develop and launch your solution.
- Idea submissions may range from early-stage ideas or concepts to fully formed projects. We’re looking for great ideas that lead to impactful solutions.
- Ideas should have a significant impact on the patient experience, care delivery, and/or clinical outcomes.
- Ideas should be novel and not have commercially available alternatives, or the idea must be a significant improvement or disruption of currently available technologies.
Ready to apply?
If you have any questions regarding the grant program or your application, please email email@example.com.