Announcement & Events
- HealthMap was recently featured in Healthcare Global for its work as one of the first global disease monitoring health systems triggered during the early cases of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The IDHA team working on COVID Near You has published a cross-sectional study in PLOS Journal on web and phone-based COVID-19 syndromic surveillance in Canada.
- The Flu Near You team recently published a study in the Journal of Infectious Diseases on health-care seeking behavior for respiratory illness among Flu Near You participants in the United States.
Portfolio & Partnership Updates
- Boston Children’s Hospital is excited to support Brightline, a virtual pediatric behavioral health care provider, in their launch of the COVID-19 Behavioral Health Indicator (COBI). This free online survey measures the potential impact of COVID-19 on a child’s mental and behavioral health.
- Congratulations to Brightline for also raising $20M in Series A funding to transform pediatric behavioral healthcare. Boston Children’s was a strategic investor in the round.
- IDHA launched a pilot with Aiva Health in the Stem Cell Transplant unit (6W) this quarter, with Cardiology (8E) soon to follow. Aiva’s voice powered care assistant platform will provide education and entertainment options for patients and families.
- IDHA is happy to announce a partnership with KidsX, a consortium of 30+ children’s hospitals that formed an accelerator to support the development and adoption of pediatric health technologies.
- IDHA will be launching a pilot by the end of the year with TytoCare, a FDA-approved medical device that allows families to conduct medical assessments from their home.
- A pilot will also be launched by the end of the year with IDHA partner, NuvoAir, a digital therapeutic respiratory platform. Stay tuned for updates next quarter on the pilot’s early progress.
- In partnership with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the HealthMap team re-launched VaccineFinder, aiming to support improved reporting of vaccine availability for the 2020-2021 influenza season.
- In partnership with the CDC and Castlight Health, the HealthMap VaccineFinder team has launched an MVP dashboard for vaccine providers to report daily inventory of COVID-19 vaccine(s). Enrollment of COVID-19 vaccine providers will be coordinated with the CDC’s Vaccine Tracking System.
- This quarter, IDHA spin-out, Dock Health launched two new pilots at Boston Children’s Hospital. Dock Health is a HIPAA-compliant task management system that allows clinical and administrative teams to coordinate on the completion of tasks. It is now available to all Boston Children’s staff – reach out to learn more: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Congratulations to IDHA partner, Abridge, for raising $15M in funding. Abridge empowers patients to securely record, review, and share their health care encounters & uses machine learning algorithms to highlight important takeaways and provide contextualized education.
Advisory Spotlight: Jessica A. Zeaske, PhD
As a Partner at Echo Health Ventures in Boston, Jessica A. Zeaske, PhD, identifies and invests in emerging and growth stage companies for Echo. She is a seasoned venture capitalist and board leader who has worked at independent, corporate, and university funds and written dozens of investment themes over the years. She previously served as Director of Healthcare Investments at GE Ventures, where she invested in precision health companies. Jessica came to GE Ventures from Lemhi Ventures, a fund investing in health care services with a focus on market disruption. Prior to joining Lemhi, Jessica worked on forming and spinning out MedTech and Life Science companies based on university intellectual property at University of Minnesota and Oregon Health & Science University.