Boston Children’s IDHA would like to invite external startups to submit an application for acceptance into the Accelerator. The Accelerator will review and consider all startups in the digital health space that meet the below requirements, though we are particularly interested right now in startups with solutions in the following areas:
- Virtual-first care
- Behavioral health
- Social determinants of health
- Artificial Intelligence/automation (non-clinical)
- Affiliation with #1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
- Access to clinician leaders for product feedback and a deeper understanding of workflow
- Technical expertise in clinical compliance, cybersecurity, and EHR interoperability
- Potential to validate technology in clinical setting
- Experienced developers, product strategists, and business analysts on staff to help scale your company effectively
- Access to IDHA’s network of industry leaders and partners
- Startup with novel health technology that has significant impact on patient experience, care delivery and/or clinical outcomes.
- Seed or Series A funding (If post-Series A funding, please see our Partners page or contact InnovationandDigitalHealthAccelerator@childrens.harvard.edu to discuss other ways we may work together).
- Submit an application online with non-confidential pitch deck.
- From a legal perspective, applications do not create a contract or other relationship with BCH other than participation in the Accelerator process.
- Application must include only non-confidential information. All information disclosed to us in your application will be considered non-confidential public information.
- IDHA will provide clinical expertise, design and technical assistance, and strategic mentorship, but each company in the program must be capable of building their own business.
- If selected as a finalist, an NDA will be executed, and company will provide minor due diligence items to aid in IDHA decision making.
- Company may not use BCH name or brand on website, marketing materials, etc.
- If an award is granted, it is considered pending until IDHA is provided with more in-depth diligence items (if necessary) and the term sheet is fully executed.
- Company may use BCH name or brand on marketing materials only when an executed term sheet is finalized, per the details in the term sheet.
- Company agrees to (1) hold regular update calls/meetings with IDHA and (2) be used in IDHA marketing & promotional material, per the details in the term sheet.
- Up to $250K of in-kind clinical and research expertise, tech development, integration, pilot/customer support, and/or business support.
- BCH is granted equity in common/founders stock in company (typically in the range of 1-3%).
There are two Accelerator rounds each year. Applications submitted after September 14th, will be pushed to the first round of 2021. However, applications are accepted on a rolling basis so please submit your application whenever it is ready.
Ready to apply?
Complete an application today here.
If you have any questions regarding the grant program or your application, please email InnovationandDigitalHealthAccelerator@childrens.harvard.edu