Startup Partnerships Overview
IDHA aims to drive pediatric innovation at Boston Children’s Hospital and beyond. One way we accomplish this is by partnering with promising external startups in the digital health space that align with key internal pain points and/or strategic focus areas.
Each partnership we form with a startup is tailored to the unique needs and objectives of the hospital and the startup. Partnership opportunities may include, for example, product and/or content co-development, consulting services, and/or pilot validation. Boston Children’s is often granted a nominal equity in the company in exchange for partnership services.
The Accelerator will review and consider all startups in the digital health space that meet the criteria outlined below, though we are currently particularly interested in startups with solutions in the following areas.
- Care/Hospital at Home
- Social Determinants of Health (SDoH) and Equity, Diversity & Inclusion (EDI)
- Artificial Intelligence/Automation
If you are a health system, investor or entrepreneur looking to learn more about our program, focus areas, and partnership priorities, please reach out.
Want to learn more about our current partnerships, click here.
Why Partner with Us?
- Affiliation with #1 Ranked Children’s Hospital by U.S. News & World Report
- Access to clinician leaders for product feedback and a deeper understanding of workflow
- Technical expertise in clinical compliance, cybersecurity, and EHR interoperability
- Potential to validate technology in clinical setting
- Experienced developers, product strategists, and business analysts on staff to help scale your company effectively
- Access to IDHA’s network of industry leaders and partners
- Startup with novel digital health technology that has significant impact on patient experience, care delivery and/or clinical outcomes.
- Seed or Series A funding (If post-Series A funding, please send us an email here to discuss other ways we may work together).
- Each company in the program must be capable of building their own business. IDHA can offer support by providing clinical expertise, design and technical assistance, and/or strategic mentorship
We hold two sourcing rounds each year. The current sourcing round will take place from January – March 2021. However, partnership interest is reviewed on a rolling basis so please feel free to reach out at any time!
Send us an email with your company’s name, brief background, pitch deck, and any other pertinent background materials (e.g., research publications). Please include only non-confidential information. The IDHA team will review the information provided and reach out to conduct exploratory conversations if there is alignment.
For more information or if you have questions, send us an email here.