Families with complex pediatric patients connect to Boston Children’s specialists through Grand Rounds platform.
Families with complex pediatric patients connect to Boston Children’s specialists through Grand Rounds platform. By providing a digital platform, removing barriers, and extending access, patients now have access to a world class review of their diagnosis or treatment plan. This will either give comfort that their current treatment plan is the right path or lead to a better plan for the child.
- Leverages a secure digital platform to open and accelerate access to Boston Children’s Hospital specialist expertise
- Receive diagnosis, next steps and treatment plan clarity for complex diseases
- Efficient and streamlined remote second opinion – Grand Rounds manages process of coordinating care, medical record collection and clinical overview for each patient case while a BCH specialist provides the opinion
Click here to learn more or to request an online second opinion.
Patients with complex diseases often search for an accurate diagnosis or treatment plan. Many barriers and constraints such as location, time and resources often prohibit access to the best qualified specialist.
In the News
Grand Rounds and Boston Children’s Hospital launched their second opinion platform in September, 2015. To date, two-thirds of the cases have led to a major change in diagnosis or treatment plan.
- Boston Children’s Hospital partners with digital health company Grand Rounds to offer expert second opinions
- Grand Rounds announces launch of ExpertLink in partnership with premier health care institutions
- Can a virtual specialist consult program help hospitals break down geographic barriers?
- Less is more: Second opinion spares Sam from risky invasive surgery
Kevin Pawl; Director, Patient Access