IDHA’s Internal Innovation Process
A central part of IDHA’s mission has always been to support our incredible Boston Children’s staff with digital health innovation and problem-solving. We partner with employees in all stages of the ideation process, to deeply understand pain points and identify, develop, and launch digital health solutions!
What’s the hardest part of your day? IDHA wants to hear about it here!
IDHA encourages all Boston Children’s employees, regardless of department or role, to post pain points (e.g. inefficiencies, challenges, problems or obstacles) that they believe can be addressed through a digital solution. Share with us by signing up with your Boston Children’s email address here.
Ideas are everywhere, but innovation happens when your idea can make something better, easier or scalable. Our goal is to identify and innovate on pain points impacting the Boston Children’s community – these could be challenges that you or patients may encounter.
What can I post? Here are some guidelines:
- Pain points that affect any part of the healthcare ecosystem (including patients, providers, staff, administrators, etc.)
- Pain points that can be solved or addressed through a digital health solution.
- Some examples include:
- Missed opportunities to address patient experience or improve patient outcomes
- Staffing inefficiencies
- Frustrating manual workflow
- Inability to capture or effectively use data
- Inequities in accessing virtual care
Unsure if your pain point fits this criteria? We encourage you to submit it anyway – you’d be surprised how many problems have a digital health solution!
Please note that inappropriate or irrelevant posts will be removed.
What happens when I post?
- Anonymity: All posts will be shared anonymously on a feed that is visible to Boston Children’s staff. The IDHA team will have access to contact information for those who post, comment, or vote on the feed and may be in touch to discuss further collaboration!
- Engagement: You can vote on any post that resonates with you and comment if you have an idea for a solution. Those who post, comment, or vote on the feed may be contacted by the IDHA team to collaborate on potential solutions.
- Problem-Solving: All posts will be reviewed by the IDHA team and shared with relevant stakeholders. Select posts may result in the facilitation of vendor partnerships or the co-development of new technology.
Already have a solution? When posting, you will have the option to indicate whether or not you have a digital health solution to address your pain point. IDHA would love to hear it and we may reach out to collaborate!
When can I post?
Posting will be open from Monday, March 1st through Friday, March 12th.
We’re excited to learn more about how we can work together to address some of the pain points in the Boston Children’s community. We specialize in digital health, so you are in good hands. Interested in learning about one of our success stories? Check out our portfolio!
For more information or if you have questions, send us an email here.